Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart watch

Options
  • 27-01-2019 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Have been toying with the idea of getting a SmartWatch and was looking at the Huawei watch 2 classic but they seemed to have jumped up by about €100 in the last few days, money im not willing to spend.
    Any ideas for a watch that's similar or are they worth the bother?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What do you need from it? If it's just step tracking and notifications then you'd be better buying a Gear S3 or Galaxy Watch. They're not Wear OS but do all that easily and don't run like they're stuck in the mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Patww79 wrote: »
    What do you need from it? If it's just step tracking and notifications then you'd be better buying a Gear S3 or Galaxy Watch. They're not Wear OS but do all that easily and don't run like they're stuck in the mud.

Nothing in particular, like the look of it and os plus batt life. Tracking and notifications plus being able to change watch faces would be mostly its use

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I wear a mechanical watch & not willing to change it for a smart watch. Having said that, I do wear a couple of things on my right hand and have tried a number of different fitness trackers to go with them.
    I've had Fitbit, Jawbone (X3) and Under Armour.

Fitbit battery wasn't great, charging was fiddly, band broke early on. Jawbone was great, looked awesome and was hardly noticeable, but they would literally die in the shower. UA was a mess to use, felt huge on and looked like a running shoe, so I felt like a dick wearing it with normal cloths, to work etc.

I'm now trying to justify a Oura Ring, it costs a fortune for what it is, but minimalist approach, looks great and 8 day battery life.

On the other hand I could wait for Motiv to update theirs in the hope of longer battery life and the addition of NFC. But Jaysus knows when that will be.

Whatever you do, make sure it's waterproof, otherwise it's useless.

honor band 3 or 4.

cheap, waterproof, unobtrusive look (not a stupid bubble look like the mi band), notifications, good sleep tracking including REM sleep, tells time also obv. good app

band so no watch faces tho.

10 day battery life

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS49MGtWArNDNtsKGXQHY6deLtzkn_IvV5oUuVVxq7Nj2gdDL66

Advertisement