Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€100..ish budget for an 8 year old kid...

Options
  • 27-01-2019 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for a new or used but in decent condition phone recommendation for an 8 year old girl.

Any ideas? There's so many to choose from that it becomes overwhelming in knowing what to choose.

She will use it to keep in touch with family, and of course mobile games.

Online or in store is fine with us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

8 seems young to me, but not for me to comment on. Nokia come with parental control software... It's a new tech developed in Ireland and we'll worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Bluefoam wrote: »
    8 seems young to me, but not for me to comment on

Agreed, but it's hard not to comment on. I know it's off topic and not helpful to the OP, but as someone who works with children and teens phones can open up a world of pain with bullying and having access to inappropriate material.

If you're just looking for a phone (minus the smart stuff) the re-release of the Nokia 3310 would be suitable. There's a simple web browser, a camera, and a few games like snake.

Advertisement