Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Saver Question

Options
  • 27-01-2019 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Thinking about getting the tax saver question for Bus Eireann. The only problem I face is I work shifts so slot of the time I get the expressway service that passes through Virginia. I also have to get the Expressway home every now and then.

I have asked a few of the drivers about it at different points and they all have different answers it seems some will accept it and others won't.

On the BE website it says

Taxsaver Leap Cards are not accepted on Expressway routes (except Route 2). A Point to Point Taxsaver ticket is required for travel (where applicable) on Expressway services.

Is there another taxsaver ticket that is not on a leap card ? That would allow me to travel on the Expressway service when needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Not accepted on Expressway

Route 2 as far as Gorey and route 100X are exceptions.

Remembering expressway is a private company and does not have to accept them.

You would be limited to the 109/X only on a tax saver card

Even if a driver did accept it, if the bus was revenue checked (which I'm seeing a lot of now) you'd be liable for a fine for not having the correct ticket for your journey, even though the driver shouldn't let you on in the first place !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Not accepted on Expressway

Route 2 as far as Gorey and route 100X are exceptions.

Remembering expressway is a private company and does not have to accept them.

You would be limited to the 109/X only on a tax saver card

Even if a driver did accept it, if the bus was revenue checked (which I'm seeing a lot of now) you'd be liable for a fine for not having the correct ticket for your journey, even though the driver shouldn't let you on in the first place !

That's perfect thank you. Looks like no Taxsaver and I'll keep saving time with the 30 in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Taxsaver is a rip off in my opinion. I don't know about buses but on trains you get a second class service with it unless you are willing to fork out even more money to book a seat on Irish Rail to travel on a crush loaded train.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Emme wrote: »
    Taxsaver is a rip off in my opinion. I don't know about buses but on trains you get a second class service with it unless you are willing to fork out even more money to book a seat on Irish Rail to travel on a crush loaded train.

What you describe is nothing to do with any element of the Taxsaver incentive, and would apply to anyone who purchased the full price seasonal (monthly/annual) ticket direct from the provider as well, so by comparison to anyone who did that, it's a bargain!

Advertisement