Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remote cameras on imagine

Options
  • 27-01-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has used the imagine network to remotely monitor their cctv cameras. I have being using vodafone, and three networks at many sites around the country with no problems at all using the ptp option with no need for a static IP address to be provided by the ISP. As I have never used imagine before I decided to put the question out there.
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

I use Imagine for my CCTV for two weeks now, I only use mobile phone with an app called smartwatch remote viewer

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hs5424

Thanks for the reply.
    As I never used Imagine before I was a little wary. Some ISP's used to block this type of traffic but I think that's a thing of the past now. The PtP feature used on the Dahua camera products has never failed me yet and is always online. I have about 50 sites using their products. I use gdmss lite on android or idmss lite on Iphone products for remote viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    I use Imagine for my CCTV for two weeks now, I only use mobile phone with an app called smartwatch remote viewer

Can you let us know how you've that set up and some detail about it
    By pm if you like thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭Homer

I have 8 cameras on my dvr and it has worked flawlessly for the last 15 months on imagine. I spoke to tech support initially and they opened the relevant ports on the router remotely and no problems since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Can you let us know how you've that set up and some detail about it
    By pm if you like thanks
    I know nothing about those things, I just plugged it in and it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hs5424

Homer wrote: »
    I have 8 cameras on my dvr and it has worked flawlessly for the last 15 months on imagine. I spoke to tech support initially and they opened the relevant ports on the router remotely and no problems since then.

Thanks Homer,
    Thats good to know that they will open ports if required in the future. Some ISP make a big deal when asked.

Advertisement