Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Username

Options
  • 26-01-2019 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

Two questions:

1. Is there any other way of changing username other than subscribing? Posting cash, etc?

2. If you do have to subscribe to do it, how many people have access to the payment details containing your name, address, etc? Is it all mods, or just admins, or nobody?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Also, what other benefits are there to subscribing? Is there a page outlining these because I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Here’s a link to the Subscriber Benefits

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_im_new_here#faq_bie_faq_im_new_here_subscriberbenefits

In terms of your payment data, mods and admins definitely don’t have access to that. There’s literally no need for us to have access to that data. I can’t speak for HQ however, so that’ll need to answer that.

dudara wrote: »
    Here’s a link to the Subscriber Benefits

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_im_new_here#faq_bie_faq_im_new_here_subscriberbenefits

In terms of your payment data, mods and admins definitely don’t have access to that. There’s literally no need for us to have access to that data. I can’t speak for HQ however, so that’ll need to answer that.

That's spot on cheers. I didn't know about turning off the ads which would be great as I've only posted this very morning about an issue I'm having with them.

One other query if I may; does a username revert back if a sub runs out?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Patww79 wrote: »

One other query if I may; does a username revert back if a sub runs out?
    No - you keep the new name

Beasty wrote: »
    No - you keep the new name

Sound, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Two questions:

1. Is there any other way of changing username other than subscribing? Posting cash, etc?

2. If you do have to subscribe to do it, how many people have access to the payment details containing your name, address, etc? Is it all mods, or just admins, or nobody?

Only Paypal has access to your payment details. There are 3 of us who have the log in details for the Boards.ie Paypal account; myself, Boards.ie: Mark and the person who does the company accounts. On Paypal we can see your name, email address, any notes you add (you might add your username for example) and what type of subscription you've chosen. Also the transaction ID, that's all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement