Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soreness with acrylics?

Options
  • 26-01-2019 1:52am

I usually get shellac but decided to try acrylics today for a change. They feel a little sore, is this normal? Not hugely sore but definitely sensitive to the touch if I gently push down on them.

Also generally speaking, which would you consider better, gels or acrylics? I’m a novice in the false nails department as you can probably tell.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I had this when I first got gels too - I think it's just your nails getting used to the different kind of pressure that comes from having the rigid acrylic on the surface. Mine went away after a few days :)

I found acrylics great, now I only had overlays so I really enjoyed that my nails were able to grow as long as I wanted them to with the protection of the acrylic. Also I felt it was better for my nails cos all the filing when you were getting a new colour on happens to the acrylic rather than your natural nail.

Just don't do what I did - my salon couldn't fit me in to get them taken off so I tried to soak them off myself. Big mistake :( thought I could do it but messed it up and wrecked my nails. Had to grow them out completely before they went back to normal! So yeah, don't do that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I’m a novice in the false nails department as you can probably tell.

Lols - gel and acrylics arent necessarily false/fake nails (only if you get tips put on).

I have my own nails, and put gel over them.

Anyhoo, in my knowledge (and Ive been getting gels done for 5+ years), there is soft gel (shellac/soaked off) and a hard gel (this is what I get done/filed off).

Acrylics I also liked getting done. I liked the process and I felt looked a little more natural.

I do prefer (hard) gel nails though. To me, when put on right, they are the most durable on my nails (I get can get 3-4 weeks out of them).

Fab, thank you both for the info.

Advertisement