Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon, free £6 credit with £30 giftcard purchase

Options
  • 25-01-2019 7:55pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This must have only gone live recently, as was on Amazon earlier and got no prompt. Anyhow, I got this last year as well, put does what it says on the tin. Note you have to register for the promo first, so check if it comes up on your homepage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Stonewall Jackson

Its not clear how to get this. Do I click on top up amazon account balance or wha'?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

When you go onto the amazon home page and are logged into your account, you'll get a banner at the top with the promo. If you don't get it, you don't qualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Stonewall Jackson

delly wrote: »
    When you go onto the amazon home page and are logged into your account, you'll get a banner at the top with the promo. If you don't get it, you don't qualify.

Thanks. I don't qualify then :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

delly wrote: »

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards.
    Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Boo-urns! Surprised I got it tbh, had the same promo around 6 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Thanks Op, got this offer last year so was surprised I was able to get it again.

Regards

D.

To redeem this offer:

Click the button ‘Click to register for the promotion’
    Buy £30 or more of Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards in a single order
    The £6 promotional code will not be visible in your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card balance. However, the £6 will be automatically deducted at checkout when you place your next qualifying order of eligible products sold and fulfilled by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk, and provided the order is placed by the 18th of March 2019 (inclusive). See full Terms and Conditions below.

Terms & Conditions of the Promotion
    Receive a £6 promotional code for a future Amazon.co.uk retail order when you purchase at least £30 in Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards and Gift Vouchers ("GCs") in a single order on Amazon.co.uk by 31 January 2019 ("Offer"). In order to qualify for the £6 promotional code, you must: (1) not have purchased GCs in the last 36 months and have received an invitation directly on Amazon.co.uk; (2) click the button 'Click to register for the promotion' to see if you're eligible for the Offer, and if you are; (3) purchase at least £30 of GCs in a single order on Amazon.co.uk between 27 July 2018 and 31 January 2019, 11:59PM (GMT).
    In the case of e-mail GCs scheduled in advance, the GCs need to be delivered before 31 January 2019.
    For qualifying purchases, a promotional code of £6 ("Promo Code") will be automatically applied to your account and confirmed by e-mail within 48 hours after your GC order has been dispatched. The Promo Code will be applied to the Amazon.co.uk account associated with the e-mail address used to purchase the GCs, and the Promo Code is valid until 18 March 2019, 11:59PM (GMT).
    One Promo Code per customer/primary e-mail address.
    The Promo Code must be redeemed at our website, towards the purchase of products listed on and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Promotions & Deals Terms & Conditions apply.
    The Promo Code may not be combined with any other promotional offer. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the Offer at any time. The Promo Code is void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud.
    In the event of a return, promotional savings may be deducted from your refund.
    Amazon may change or withdraw this promotion at any time.
    GCs may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed and sold by Amazon.co.uk or any other seller selling through Amazon.co.uk. GC balances must be used within 10 years of the date of issuance. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal. GCs are issued by Amazon EU S.à.r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Same here. I never get these :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Great if you are buying something soon.

Not so great if there's a Hard Brexit as the pound is likely to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

And the import tax on top of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Are these physical cards or credit applied to your account?
    I'm eligible and I'll be buying a fire stick for a mate soon and don't need a gift card as such

Are these physical cards or credit applied to your account?
    I'm eligible and I'll be buying a fire stick for a mate soon and don't need a gift card as such

It gets credited to your account within 48 hours, but you won't see the discount until you're at the checkout and are buying an Amazon supplied item.

And just to add the 30 is on your gift card account and you do see it within 5 minutes of purchase, nothing physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Not sure what you mean. A hard Brexit making the pound falls, makes the Euro stronger, makes things on Amazon cheaper.

The pound is getting stronger now because the markets think there will be a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean. A hard Brexit making the pound falls, makes the Euro stronger, makes things on Amazon cheaper.

The pound is getting stronger now because the markets think there will be a deal.

Exactly. So 20 pounds now is around 23 euro, next month 20 pounds will be 3 euro, making that gift card pretty worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cheers, worked on one of my accounts

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Exactly. So 20 pounds now is around 23 euro, next month 20 pounds will be 3 euro, making that gift card pretty worthless.

It's the other way around.

It's the other way around.

How is it?

£1 now = €1.15.......if it takes a hammering, £1 will equal €0.80 or whatever. Your £30 that you paid €34.50 for will only be able to purchase €24 worth of goods.

How is it?

£1 now = €1.15.......if it takes a hammering, £1 will equal €0.80 or whatever. Your £30 that you paid €34.50 for will only be able to purchase €24 worth of goods.

The sterling will weaken against the Euro meaning your Euro will travel just that bit further when purchasing 'up north'.

Obviously, if you already have some sterling sitting in your wallet, it'll devalue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'm eligible for the promotion - went to buy a gift card there, and when it sees that my email address is the recipient it suggests that I just top up my account rather than buying a gift card. Assuming that it needs to be an actual gift card rather than topping up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I'm eligible for the promotion - went to buy a gift card there, and when it sees that my email address is the recipient it suggests that I just top up my account rather than buying a gift card. Assuming that it needs to be an actual gift card rather than topping up?

just send to another email address, you can still use it to top up your own account as they just send a code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Got sorted - thanks. Classic case of not reading the T&C's though :pac:

The promotional credit needs to be used on items listed and sold by Amazon. I've a few things in my basket that are all fulfilled by Amazon, but not sold directly by them, so can't use the promotional credit.

Not a big deal as I was buying things anyway I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Amazon France have a 50/5 offer also for gift cards.

(Google translate)Promotion dates: from January 3 to February 28, 2019
    Use of promotional code: received by e-mail within 48 hours and usable until April 15, 2019 on your next order of at least € 25

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

£6 with a £50 gift card in my case

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just an update that from midnight last night this offer has now changed to £6 when you purchase £75 of gift cards in one single order.

Regards

D.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards

To redeem this offer:

Click the button ‘Click to register for the promotion’
    Buy £75 or more of Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards in a single order
    The £6 promotional code will not be visible in your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card balance. However, the £6 will be automatically deducted at checkout when you place your next qualifying order of eligible products sold and fulfilled by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk, and provided the order is placed by the 16th of April 2019 (inclusive). See full Terms and Conditions below

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Who we kidding, we'll spend £75 no bother

I've just clicked my own link from above and it is saying buy £50 and get £6, but the funny part is that it is letting my register for it again! I've just got £60 back on my Revolut card from Amazon, so may as well get another £6....Again!

Jesus, Amazon customer service is the best. I registered for the promo okay, but in the T&Cs, it says that you can't if you bought a GC in the last 36 months. I popped on to their chat just to ask if I buy the £50 will I get the £6 and the dude says, no problem, I'll apply it now! Bang, £6 on to my credit just like that.

Advertisement