Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shout-out to SW-MOTECH

Options
  • 25-01-2019 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

So yesterday I take the wife out for a spin on the bike and a spot of lunch. On returning home I complained about how unbalanced the bike was as she got off. She of course blamed my bike position and not her technique. Certain I was right I got off the bike to drive home my point when the bike came crashing to the ground. It seems in my haste to win I forgot to engage the side stand :o

The sw-motech bars did a serious job of protecting the plastics on the GS assisted by barkbusters storm handguards. Other than some dirt you'd never know it had been over.

I learned two things; 1. My investment in the sw-motech bars was a wise idea and highly recommended and 2. Wives always get the last laugh :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I never understood why people don't fit crash bobbins or bars to their bike as soon as they buy it. I've a fee friends who destroyed crank cases and other expensive parts because they didn't bother with crash protection, every bike they've owned since has been protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

My first bike didn't have crash bungs, after my first off they all did.

None of us plan to fall but for 100 bucks or so you can prevent a lot of expensive damage if you do.

Advertisement