Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi wicklow town

Options
  • 25-01-2019 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

I see on their website they are actively seeking a site for wicklow town. About time!!! Can't wait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I was under the impression the Aldi was going to be built in Rathnew, opposite the petrol station somewhere in with loads of new houses... Is that not actually a done deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

BigMoose wrote: »
    I was under the impression the Aldi was going to be built in Rathnew, opposite the petrol station somewhere in with loads of new houses... Is that not actually a done deal?

Never heard that, even better if they already have a site! Is it the tinakilly lands or down further near opel? Got a bit over excited when I seen it earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Wife isn’t around to ask but assume it’s on the tinakilly land - there’s been talk (an no obvious action!) for ages now. Caught the end of John Snell on the radio talking about the development the other day, but didn’t hear enough to know if it was good or bad news. I guess it makes sense for Aldi to keep their options open as if it was a done deal they’d have started building by now.

BigMoose wrote: »
    Wife isn’t around to ask but assume it’s on the tinakilly land - there’s been talk (an no obvious action!) for ages now. Caught the end of John Snell on the radio talking about the development the other day, but didn’t hear enough to know if it was good or bad news. I guess it makes sense for Aldi to keep their options open as if it was a done deal they’d have started building by now.

Permission was granted for most of the houses I think so it'll prob be all systems go now. Let me know it ya hear any further Aldi news! I drive to greystones or arklow every week for Aldi so will make my life so much easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Seems they have been tweaking the plans
    modifications to development previously permitted under Reg Ref 16/1444 to consist of (a) the removal of an entrance and exit lobby serving the permitted retail convenience food store (revised GFA 1587 sqm) and associated modifications to elevations (b) reduction in floor area of the permitted café building (revised GFA c199 sqm) and associated modifications to elevations (c) relocated pedestrian connection from R761 serving the café building (d) revised levels/ ramped access arrangements across the site and (e) all associated site development works

It was approved 2 weeks ago
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/181098/0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Mr Hyde

This is great news!

So I see on job alerts.ie Aldi are recruiting for a store In Rathnew! Someone said its out by Claremont college. Has it been built? Will take a drive down tomorrow and see if there's any sign of any building work.

2013Lara wrote: »
    So I see on job alerts.ie Aldi are recruiting for a store In Rathnew! Someone said its out by Claremont college. Has it been built? Will take a drive down tomorrow and see if there's any sign of any building work.

Edited to add pic. Opening in September

Work to start on new houses /access groundwork's this week afik

• Advertisement

Have they started yet? Haven't seen any signs of anything happening, but maybe it's all in behind the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Gonna be early next year I was told by manager in aldi previously

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ladylady32

I was talking to someone who said they know someone starting in October. I don't think I can wait even that long. So sick and tired of traipsing up and down to Arklow or Greystones.

Anyone hear any more on this? No sign of a build starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Opening December 2019 according to their website

Seems to have been taken off their website altogether now as a new store. Wonder what the hold up is.

Looks like site clearance has started now trees and that being removed

Picture of plans attached

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

I see site is being cleared now, so at least there is progress!! Did anyone hear a date for when they hope to be open?

sumo12 wrote: »
    I see site is being cleared now, so at least there is progress!! Did anyone hear a date for when they hope to be open?

Apparently build time is 12 weeks. I doubt it'll be this side of Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Gonna be early next year I was told by manager in aldi previously

Q1 2020

Advertisement