Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P50 Claiming Tax back for leaving country

Options
  • 25-01-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I finished my PAYE employment on the 26/12/18.

I will be leaving the country in February 2019 for 2 years.

I know I have to fill out a p50 to claim tax back.

As I finished in employment in 2018 and I am leaving in 2019 am I entitled to tax back? And if so what percentage of the tax paid a PAYE worker?

Its not very clear on this procedure on Revenue website.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hi all,

I finished my PAYE employment on the 26/12/18.

I will be leaving the country in February 2019 for 2 years.

I know I have to fill out a p50 to claim tax back.

As I finished in employment in 2018 and I am leaving in 2019 am I entitled to tax back? And if so what percentage of the tax paid a PAYE worker?

Its not very clear on this procedure on Revenue website.

Thanks!

The p50 can only be used in an active tax year so would have to have been submitted in 2018 to see if anything was due.

You can request a p21 balancing statement through your online revenue account to see if you are due anything for 2018. However given your cease date of nearly the end of December, it would be unlikely that you are due anything at all unless you were taxed incorrectly through the year.

Advertisement