Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm beeps every time I lock/unlock the car... please help me turn it off.

Options
  • 24-01-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I just got a second hand car which has an aftermarket alarm installed.

Here they are (red arrow)

74b5.jpg

Every time I lock or unlock the car, it makes two really annoying and very loud beeps. The old man I bought it off didn't have a clue how to disable the noise.

Anybody ever seen this type of alarm before, and do you have any idea how to disable the lock/unlock sound? Can't find this alarm on google. Guessing it's pretty old.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is the sound annoying anyone else?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

I just got a second hand car which has an aftermarket alarm installed.

Here they are (red arrow)

74b5.jpg

Every time I lock or unlock the car, it makes two really annoying and very loud beeps. The old man I bought it off didn't have a clue how to disable the noise.

Anybody ever seen this type of alarm before, and do you have any idea how to disable the lock/unlock sound? Can't find this alarm on google. Guessing it's pretty old.

Thanks
    Don't think u can,I've an import Suzuki swift same,plus a stupid constant beep beep when in reverse FFS you'd know when you're in R

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Don't think u can,I've an import Suzuki swift same,plus a stupid constant beep beep when in reverse FFS you'd know when you're in R
    I'd say the beep in that case is aimed at people outside the car. Shouldn't be too hard to disable that, as it's probably taking a feed of the reversing light switch?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Check the reverse light bulbs. There are beeping bulbs available, and a previous owner could have installed those beeping bulbs instead of standard ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Very common for JDM cars to have cabin beepers for reverse, particularly automatics.

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    I'd say the beep in that case is aimed at people outside the car. Shouldn't be too hard to disable that, as it's probably taking a feed of the reversing light switch?
    Can't hear it outside,no parking sensors either,same on my last JSP import ( insight hybrid)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Very common for JDM cars to have cabin beepers for reverse, particularly automatics.
    Mines automatic alright

Chippy01 wrote: »

Check the reverse light bulbs. There are beeping bulbs available, and a previous owner could have installed those beeping bulbs instead of standard ones.
    Tnx never heard of those TBH, original satnav parking camera whipped out if it- Japanese language

Advertisement