Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can students repeat final year?

Options
  • 24-01-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I'm a DIT student. I'm just curious if students can repeat their final year, etc. if they want to improve their final grade?

If it's possible,I'm sure money would be involved, but what are the conditions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

jimj292 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a DIT student. I'm just curious if students can repeat their final year, etc. if they want to improve their final grade?

Thanks.

No one has answered yet so I'll give my own two cents:

As far as I remember back from when I was in DIT, if you repeated your final year, you could only get a passing grade on your parchment. You couldn't get two bites of the cherry, so to speak.

I should say though that I was told this by another student and it could be wrong. Your best point of contact is to fire an email off to the exams people for info!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

jimj292 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    I think you can repeat the entire year without prejudice but the fees will be enormous. Your grades are capped at 40% if you have to repeat an assessment in the same year and if you don't have evidence of personal circumstances.

Advertisement