Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Hap Deposit

Options
  • 24-01-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anybody know what happens to the months deposit that is paid by the council for the homeless hap at the end of the tenancy? Does the landlord transfer the deposit back to the council? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jack842 wrote: »
    Anybody know what happens to the months deposit that is paid by the council for the homeless hap at the end of the tenancy? Does the landlord transfer the deposit back to the council? Thanks

As a LL, I would confirm with the HAP section in Limerick before I gave the tenant back the deposit.
    HAP is dealt with centrally from Limerick so those are the guys you need to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jack842

kceire wrote: »
    As a LL, I would confirm with the HAP section in Limerick before I gave the tenant back the deposit.
    HAP is dealt with centrally from Limerick so those are the guys you need to talk to.

Thanks. The HAP people pays the deposit direct to the landlord so i don't think the tenant would get the deposit back. I guess i'll have to give them a ring to find out how the process works

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jack842 wrote: »
    Thanks. The HAP people pays the deposit direct to the landlord so i don't think the tenant would get the deposit back. I guess i'll have to give them a ring to find out how the process works

I would too.
    When my tenant swapped to HAP, I got 2 months rent up front and security deposit also.

Advertisement