Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Fire (Navan Rd)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Judging by the livery it looks like it may be Eirebus/Swords Express. It's definitely a coach by the looks of things anyway and not a DB or GAI bus.

https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/1088189649691070464?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Judging by the livery it looks like it may be Eirebus/Swords Express. It's definitely a coach by the looks of things anyway and not a DB or GAI bus.

https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/1088189649691070464?s=19

Was a swords express

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I for one am shocked. Was expecting a completely different operator!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,348 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's disturbing the number of buses / coaches that catch fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Victor wrote: »
    It's disturbing the number of buses / coaches that catch fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrollton_bus_collision

I remember this accident as I was in the US in 1988 and always think about it whenever I hear of a bus on fire. Reading the Evacuation Difficulties paragraph will send shivers down your spine!! :(:(:(

Thankfully no injuries from that bus fine on Navan Road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Not a Dublin Coach for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

GM228 wrote: »

Also not the first time swords express either !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

And then you have people screaming out for private operators to run the services! I'm sure that this could happen to any operator but broadly speaking,
    events such as these don't appear to affect the likes of Dublin Bus or Bus Eireann with the same regularity as other operators!

Well done anyway to both service operators!

And then you have people screaming out for private operators to run the services! I'm sure that this could happen to any operator but broadly speaking,
    events such as these don't appear to affect the likes of Dublin Bus or Bus Eireann with the same regularity as other operators!

Well done anyway to both service operators!

Ah come off it will ya

Wasn't too long ago a Dublin bus going across and Dublin city centre bridge lost a wheel going around a corner.

Or an SP caught fire and burnt to a crisp

Or the VE recently that's currently getting rebuilt in Spain because it caught fire somewhere around Mayo and did a lot of damage (I even saw this myself afterwards and it was scary)

These things can happen regardless of operator

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

GM228 wrote: »

Can't remember seeing another one on fire.

• Advertisement

devnull wrote: »
    Can't remember seeing another one on fire.

There's more actually , one closed the tunnel too and had to be pulled by a truck out.

Because it was driving into the depot when it happened.

Pics here btw....

Driver was smart enough to drive into the depot next to the building and other buses....... :/

Ah come off it will ya

Wasn't too long ago a Dublin bus going across and Dublin city centre bridge lost a wheel going around a corner.

Or an SP caught fire and burnt to a crisp

Or the VE recently that's currently getting rebuilt in Spain because it caught fire somewhere around Mayo and did a lot of damage (I even saw this myself afterwards and it was scary)

These things can happen regardless of operator

Don't forget the AV that went on fire in Harold's Cross a couple of years. Luckily there it was out of service when it happened. I understand these incidents can happen to any operators but when it comes to one particular operator who like to paint their buses a bright shade of green I think questions have to be asked considering how badly they maintain their vehicles as many would be aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

Hurrache wrote: »

That's bad. I know the bridge in question , I go under it enough times and how a bus driver thought he could fit under that is beyond me. Moreso given the swords express company is based not far from there .

Running a school bus aswell. 10 kids were taken taken to hospital as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

thomasj wrote: »
    That's bad. I know the bridge in question , I go under it enough times and how a bus driver thought he could fit under that is beyond me. Moreso given the swords express company is based not far from there .

Yip, I know it well myself, and was behind 2 Swords express buses not too far from there on their way back to their depot only this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd love to know how often people get charged with careless driving in situations like this and where lorries have toppled over on the M50 off-ramps, or have hit level-crossing barriers. Never seem to hear of any court cases afterwards.

Advertisement