Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit and ammo supply in dealers

Options
  • 23-01-2019 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how we are going to be affected by this mess. It seems form watching RTE current affairs show that no one really knows how supply will be affected to all the varied industries.

Any thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Does anyone know how we are going to be affected by this mess. It seems form watching RTE current affairs show that no one really knows how supply will be affected to all the varied industries.

Any thoughts.

I work for a large multinational company, a lot of out stock comes from mainland Europe to the UK and then to Ireland.

Our customers are asking the same questions but the truth is no one has an answer as of yet as its still unclear what's going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

It could see the end of UK and Ireland distributors. Now it's easy to lump them together as the same geographical market.

Brexit may or may not make that very difficult. The long and the short o the answer is no one knows nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

I spoke to a one of the main wholesalers, and he said no supply problems, just prices changes, and that there are plenty of entrepreneurs working on this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

slipperyox wrote: »
    I spoke to a one of the main wholesalers, and he said no supply problems, just prices changes, and that there are plenty of entrepreneurs working on this too.

Yeah but which way will the price change 🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Baker.22

I was at a large ammunition factory/supplier in Germany last October. Their ammo is supplied to Ireland via the UK. They said that this will stop because of Brexit, no matter what deal is made. It will be supplied via France !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

Baker.22 wrote: »
    I was at a large ammunition factory/supplier in Germany last October. Their ammo is supplied to Ireland via the UK. They said that this will stop because of Brexit, no matter what deal is made. It will be supplied via France !!

As long as it gets here, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yeah but which way will the price change ����

You wouldn't need to be Einstein to figure that one out. I've left a clue below. :D:(:(:(

uw1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Baker.22 wrote: »

Yup, those prices are going to go one way only...Especially with that route.:(
    Wonder would it become eventually profitable to open a small homegrown ammo plant here in the end?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Express cartridges supplies have stopped coming in to ireland. My local RFD claims the main distributor for ireland wont import anymore until brexit and any price increase is agreed with lyalvale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Express cartridges supplies have stopped coming in to ireland. My local RFD claims the main distributor for ireland wont import anymore until brexit and any price increase is agreed with lyalvale

Mourne not the main importer of them?

Gonna be a mad one alright as my rfd buys all his ammo from mccloys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Not too sure if mourne are the main distributors or just a supplier to other RFDs. Rang them a couple of times and they dont seem to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Directly from the U.S.A.. Would that be an option.

Going to be fun with ELEY cartridges and .22 ammo.UK made and pretty much the mainstay ammo for shooters here.

Direct US imports, not really, as we are such a small market,it makes no sense for the US to do a separate shipment to Ireland when they can do a massive bulk shipment to the EU main suppliers, and have them break it down into smaller lots for each EU country.

Boils my pi88 it does this import lark. Looking at about 400 euros for surplus Austrian 7.62 NATO at 1000 rounds loose. And 275 for the same amount in 9mm:mad: By the time you get it here it would be close onto 1000 euros per 1000 7.62 and 700 for the 9mm.The majority being eaten by transport by very limited freight and shipping companies.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Is that how the hornady ammo arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Not too sure if mourne are the main distributors or just a supplier to other RFDs. Rang them a couple of times and they dont seem to have them.

Nearly sure they are the importer alright

Is that how the Hornady ammo arrives.

Have to ask Messrs Gowan&Bradshaw. They are the Hornady distributors for Ireland. Might explain the sometimes intermittent supply of Steel match.

If cartridge prices rise maybe reloading might become more relevant.

You are still facing the same problem of importing powder and primers. Now with the NI border going to be something like the Berlin wall again in the future. Moving ammo and powder will be even more of a bureaucratic nightmare.
    Wait and see the cost increase getting ammo from France.
    Reloading powder will probably triple in price, along with the EU beuraccy of the internal tracing of explosive materials tracking directive. To prevent terrorism of course.:rolleyes:

I was thinking that would be the reply. But triple in price!

Decathlon Sports are a French company. They could end up owning the market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement