Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 access

Options
  • 23-01-2019 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I've lost access to the hotmail address that supports my windows 10 login (still have access on mobile but i'd say that will vanish shortly!). Will this affect my ability to access my laptop?

Whilst I still have access to both, what can i do (aside from get the hotmail account revived as thats not possible...dont have access to the alternate email account)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I've lost access to the hotmail address
    What you mean by this? forgot password?

How you log on to PC?
    Do you have login for local admin account to the PC?
    Was your Hotmail account linked to phone No. or mail account?

If you have local account that you still able to log on to PC, then it will only effect your ability to manage Win10 license as it is managed trough linked(hotmail) account. Apart of this i cant think of any effects to PC functionality. It is not mandatory to link account.

However, you should attempt to recover access to linked account as you might need to manage license in the future. Myself hate that vending machine, but through wizard there you might be lucky. Tip - if you give them enough "didn't solve my problem" answers you will get to chat to life person
    Microsoft Virtual Agent
    Hello!

reset pass

Here's what I think you are asking about: Microsoft account recovery form. Is that correct?

Yes

Account recovery form

The account ..........to your account or a denial.

Did you set up two-step verification for your Microsoft account?

No

Tips for account recovery

Do you want to continue with account recovery now?

Yes

Account Recovery Steps

Did this solve your problem?

No

I found something else that might help solve the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

No

I'm sorry that didn't work. You can try another question, or you can talk to a person.

Yes, yes, YES

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

yeah, i couldnt access the alternate email address but it looks like microsoft support have re-instated my account. Cheers for the link to their virtual agent(s) - pretty damn good support given that im essentially a fremium customer (aside from the few quid spent on skype with ms.)

Advertisement