Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenda Gigabit Home AV plugs with WiFi - £23.36

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Thanks OP ...bought and out for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Can i use wifi and hard wire at the same time with these plugs as in hard wire to Android box and use wifi at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Can i use wifi and hard wire at the same time with these plugs as in hard wire to Android box and use wifi at the same time?

Yeah the extension part of it has two gigabit ethernet ports and WiFi N. You can add more plugs around the house as needed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Now £24.99 while I was dithering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

this work with siro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Xterminator

got my pack, works better than expected. 100mb wired broadband, getting 44mb down and 10 mb up ping of 5 via lan cable.
    Tis worth the few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

got my pack, works better than expected. 100mb wired broadband, getting 44mb down and 10 mb up ping of 5 via lan cable.
    Tis worth the few quid.

Do you mind if I ask what delivery method you used?

Parcel motel.... about to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

this work with siro?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but yes*.

*Depends on what you mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Is this just the main unit plus one extenders? or 2 extenders?

I need a back up to the powerline kit I have, I have the main unit plugged into the router and then 2 extenders

• Advertisement

Just opened mine in the last half hour....what a difference it makes to the wifi upstairs.My router is downstairs at front door. Connected the extender upstairs directly to laptop with ethernet cable pulling in 95Mb on speed test...used laptop with wifi only upstairs no ethernet cable..... about 3 meters from extender pulling about same 95Mb...6 meters from extender pulling 85Mb...and 8 meters about 60
    Its a great piece of kit...if you have slow wifi upstairs you need to get this
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

No worries. Don't forget to clone the network so your devices switch over automatically to the strongest signal. If you see the Tenda wifi network it's not cloned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

griffdaddy wrote: »
    No worries. Don't forget to clone the network so your devices switch over automatically to the strongest signal. If you see the Tenda wifi network it's not cloned

You have to remember to keep these devices a good distance away. Otherwise if trying to use IP calls your phone/laptop will constantly swap between networks and you will drop calls.....you wont notice if just browsing but I have had issues with Watapp calls....

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Comes to £27.98 not including parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Xterminator

parcel motel for me too.

I bought this and it works great and very easy to setup. Thanks OP!

I'd like to get a second extender for another room. Anyone know where a can buy a second extender at a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I bought this and it works great and very easy to setup. Thanks OP!

I'd like to get a second extender for another room. Anyone know where a can buy a second extender at a reasonable price?

Practically no EoP devices are sold as singles. Its a right pain. Buy the same set again.

Thanks! Can you get a 3pc set, one transmitter and 2 extenders?

What about this below, is this something different?

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Tenda-P200-Powerline-Unit/182790423340?hash=item2a8f28832c:g:BTUAAOSwuk1ZynMC:rk:4:pf:0#shpCntId

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Thanks! Can you get a 3pc set, one transmitter and 2 extenders?

What about this below, is this something different?

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Tenda-P200-Powerline-Unit/182790423340?hash=item2a8f28832c:g:BTUAAOSwuk1ZynMC:rk:4:pf:0#shpCntId

That's 200 mbits. If you use that in a gigabit system then your whole powerline network will be limited to 200 mbits/sec which sort of defeats the purpose of the gigabit system

Advertisement