Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle Size

Options
  • 23-01-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to change my road bike saddle. I have a boggo fabric saddle on it and I feel it's just not right.

Thinking of going for a Pro Stealth with Carbon rails.

I did a measurement of my sit bones (using paper and playdoh). Centre to centre it's 130mm.

Does that mean I'm a 140mm sit bone meaning I need a 152mm saddle?

My fabric is about 140mm wide and it feels like my sit bones are hanging off the edge of the saddle. I feel that the slightly wider Pro saddle will be better.

Anyone with experience who could help?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They say your sit bones measurement + 15mm which would put you at 145mm. I wouldn’t go buying a 155mm saddle until your site that’s the size you need.

Is your current saddle flat or rounded as a rounded saddle will feel narrower than a flat saddle.

The Pro Stealth is a flat stubby saddle and I’d say you should be ok with a 143mm saddle but it’s a lot of money to spend without knowing if it’ll suit you or not. The nose of the Stealth is wider than normal and it doesn’t suit a lot of people. It’s also got minimal padding and has a reputation of being uncomfortable. The Prologo Dimension might be a better bet as it’s got a narrower nose and more padding than the stealth. I have the Dimension 143 on both my road bikes and considered the Stealth but reviews on it aren’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Appreciate the feedback. According to some other online guides, they say add 20mm and even 30mm to the sit bone width to get the saddle. I ended up buying the larger stealth. If it's too big, I'll sell it and get the smaller on.

Advertisement