Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing belt change noise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is the car a diesel?

If you got the oil changed at the same time then new thinner oil might leave the engine sounding louder than previously wit the old oil.

If theengine is petrol then bring it back to wherever done the belt as it sounds very very ‘tappety’ although I cant figure out how a TB could cause that.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Sorry should have put that the car is Diesel and no oil change at the same time only the timing belt changed with water pump.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Is it a Mark 2 1.9Tdi? (2005-2009) Sound's like my OH's with nearly 300k on the clock might be a bit louder with the colder weather warming up or Alternator bringing up the revs with heaters lights on etc doesn't sound alarming to me IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

It could be that the old belt was stretched and therefor the timing would be off a bit so with the new belt fitted and the timing is now corrected resulting in a slightly changed engine tone.

Advertisement