Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing a house when sale agreed?

Options
  • 23-01-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm sale agreed on a house and myself and my wife are thinking that we'd like to go see it again before contracts are signed etc just to get ideas for the house i.e. Furniture, paint, gates on driveway as there is none etc. Is it normal and/or acceptable to ask the estate agent for us to view it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Hi,

I'm sale agreed on a house and myself and my wife are thinking that we'd like to go see it again before contracts are signed etc just to get ideas for the house i.e. Furniture, paint, gates on driveway as there is none etc. Is it normal and/or acceptable to ask the estate agent for us to view it?

Thanks

Absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I did it when I was buying. Went back and measured up so I knew what size furniture I could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They usually ask if you would like to go back and it wouldn't be an issue.

We went back a 2nd time and I knew it's what the wife wanted on the 1st viewing.

We went sale agreed and went back and they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hi,

Thanks

Just don't do anything to the house until contracts are signed by both partys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭tigger123

Definitely, go see it and measure it up. Very acceptable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Just a word of warning, we went sale agreed on a house and looked to arrange a viewing to make plans similar to yourself.
    Rang the ea they said yeah no bother, you can have one viewing.
    Had the viewing fine, but then when it came to closing and a final inspection they refused to facilitate it saying we had already had our one viewing, this meant we weren't able to have a final inspection. We closed anyway and there was no issues but just something to be aware of and to confirm with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Have a viewing, as I went sale agreed, which included appliances in the contract. We couldn't get a final viewing before close due to multiple excuses from the seller.

We got the keys to find they exchanged the high quality american fridge/freezer in the kitchen with a second-hand cheap unit. We had no comeback as didnt specify the model in the contracts.

+1 have a viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Sale Agreed means little BTW, not to be a downer but dont stop looking at other houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Just a word of warning, we went sale agreed on a house and looked to arrange a viewing to make plans similar to yourself.
    Rang the ea they said yeah no bother, you can have one viewing.
    Had the viewing fine, but then when it came to closing and a final inspection they refused to facilitate it saying we had already had our one viewing, this meant we weren't able to have a final inspection. We closed anyway and there was no issues but just something to be aware of and to confirm with them.
    Jaysus, I'd be wondering what they took out of the house since!

Advertisement