Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist down on nasssau st

Options
  • 23-01-2019 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like he/she skidded on ice at the junction of Dawson/Nassau Street.
    Aftermath looks serious. Hope they're ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Looks like he/she skidded on ice at the junction of Dawson/Nassau Street.
    Aftermath looks serious. Hope they're ok.
    Tram lines ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,145 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

dublin cycling campaign have a mention (no detail) of an incident between a bus and cyclist on the junction of dawson street and nassau street, on their facebook page. it's a request for witnesses.

this link is provided:
    https://twitter.com/Luas/status/1087991674385719296

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

someone posted on Twitter, saying the guy was unconscious on the ground and being tended to by paramedics. fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
    Tram lines ?

yeah I wouldn't have thought there'd have been any ice there, especially not at that time with the traffic volumes that use that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

someone posted on Twitter, saying the guy was unconscious on the ground and being tended to by paramedics. fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

yeah I wouldn't have thought there'd have been any ice there, especially not at that time with the traffic volumes that use that area.

No tramlines were he was cycling. Wasn't much traffic at 8 o clock .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

No tramlines were he was cycling. Wasn't much traffic at 8 o clock .

and most likely wasn't any ice either, there was no hint of ice anywhere near town on my commute. reports / comments elsewhere suggest it involved a bus somehow but there seems to be little to no other info out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Cycled through the city centre , O'Connell St/ College Green, at approx 6.45 and there was no ice. Looked like some areas were gritted.

Quiet possible. There was a bus behind the bike.
    I just assumed ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Fuck. I hope this isn't the first dreaded stastic of the year. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Stay safe everyone. It's a jungle out there. This is coming from someone who used to be an arsehole of a man towards cyclists. I bought a bike myself and cycle (not for commuting) and neer looked back. Look after yourselves everyone.

Has there been any word.
    I took a look at the area. There is a big metal manhole cover where he went down. Probably slipped on it.

Advertisement