Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much to get scratch fixed

Options
  • 22-01-2019 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

my wife scratched someone elses car at the font left side below the headlights.
    The Scratch is just surface and not deep. Scratch is approx 40mm long and 5mm wide. Color Silver/Grey

I wonder how much it may cost to get it properly fixed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Photo here (Just remove spaces) https: // ibb.co/ b66fvMB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Repaint bumper and maybe blend into wing, 350-600 for a proper fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mku1977

Thats sounds like a lot of money for a tiny Scratch but I understand, in order to get it done properly, it's not just covering up the Scratch but the entire part

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mku1977 wrote: »
    Thats sounds like a lot of money for a tiny Scratch but I understand, in order to get it done properly, it's not just covering up the Scratch but the entire part

That’s on the low end depending on where you get it done.

It’ll be entirely up to the other party to decide where to do it I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Around 300-350 should do it imo. I've had bumpers re-done a couple of times, by a very good reputable bodyshop and it's never cost more than that. Blending into the wing should not be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did she do the other damage down further as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mku1977

The owner of the damaged car says the bottom scratch was also caused by my wife. Even if the other scratch was already there, what else would the owner say....

Looks like we can agree on a €180 payment. That wouldn't be to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mku1977 wrote: »
    The owner of the damaged car says the bottom scratch was also caused by my wife. Even if the other scratch was already there, what else would they owner say....

You may have to up those estimates if they want both fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bottom scratch wouldn’t add anything to the cost anyway. You’re doing great at €180.

Advertisement