Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 4G Broadband - Router options

Options
  • 22-01-2019 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi.
    I moved from Vodafones DSL Simply Broadband to 4G mobile broadband a little over a year ago. Speed is better than the DSL (which was painfully slow) but still not brilliant (usually less than 20mbps).
    I don't know how this stuff works but I'm just wondering if getting a better router would improve speeds at all?
    I have the one they ship with the plan (Huawei B528) but wondering if changing this would have any impact at all or am I simply experiencing these speeds as it's the fastest I can get regardless of the router used.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get an extension lead (on a warmer day perhaps) and test with the unit outside, front and back of the house. If speeds increase there may be room to improve your connection with an antenna.

Advertisement