Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Whiskey Cavalier - ABC - US pace (**Spoilers**)

• 22-01-2019 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,593 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Starts February 27th

Staring Scott Foley and Lauren Cohan and Bellamy Young yay due to guest star.
    Whiskey Cavalier follows the "adventures of FBI agent Will Chase (codename: Whiskey Cavalier) who, following an emotional break-up, is assigned to work with CIA operative Francesca 'Frankie' Trowbridge (codename: Fiery Tribune). Together, they lead an inter-agency team of spies who periodically save the world (and each other) while navigating the rocky roads of friendship, romance and office politics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,593 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Well that was a disappointing pilot episode.

I was hoping for a bit more for this seeing who is staring in it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

Yeah I read a review over the weekend that said it was good background TV. Not a ringing endorsement.

I'll still check it out though. Make up my own mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭ expectationlost

so many ads for this during oscars and preview after, its really forced

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭ the_syco

Meh. It's not bad for a pilot. Maybe it picks up, or maybe I'll stop watching before episode 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭ California Dreamer

I liked Scott Foley in The Unit but for me he will always be that dork in Scrubs!

It felt like it was supposed to a comedy but fell pretty flat for me!

• Advertisement

Episode 2 was a bit more fun now there is a team in place.

Also Bellamy Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,773 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so

Episode 2 was a bit more fun now there is a team in place.

Also Bellamy Young.

Thought there was way too much emphasis on the gags and fun. Slipped for me and background TV seems a good description for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭ FreudianSlippers

Ratings aren't great considering how much money they've plowed into advertising this.

• Registered Users Posts: 75,026 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

2 was defo an improvement

Finally got around to watching both episodes. Agreed the pilot was almost cheesy and the second episode was a marked improvement. It's still not sure exactly what it wants to be, I feel... it's got a fair few comedic actors trying to play serious and it's not working. Can't see this going past one season unless it really improves.

• Advertisement

Third episode is definitely a firm foot into "this is a comedy show with a bit of action" which is fine - I think the show needed to make up its mind, but I wouldn't get too invested if you're not into one-and-done season shows.

It finished last night and it they could have easily edited out the last 30 seconds knowing the show had been cancelled and it would have been a decent one and done series with no cliffhanger.

However today ABC are now being reported at looking at ways to bring it back for a second season.

The more Lauren Cohan on my TV the better and all the better when she isn't in the Walking Dead.

IMO ABC wouldn't say they were thinking about saving it if they weren't going to. Up-fronts aren't looking good for ABC this year so I'd expect WC to come back as a mid-season show with a slashed budget and more heavy on the comedy aspect.

‘Whiskey Cavalier’ “Fully And Finally Canceled” After Brief Review By ABC.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/whiskey-cavalier-fully-and-finally-canceled-after-review-abc-1202622164/

Not overly surprised to be honest. Reading between the lines, it seems WB TV had zero interest in moving the show to The CW (not a great fit really).

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Clareman

I binged watched this recently, it wasn't a bad show but watching it knowing there was only 13 episodes made it a lot easier watch, I don't know how the would have dragged much more out of it to be honest.

Alibi UK has picked up, likely airing in July

It starts on UKTV’s Alibi channel on Wednesday July 14th at 9pm

Advertisement