Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Percolation Unit broke, Can I claim against House Insurance

Options
  • 22-01-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi ,

My Percolation unit broke down because a Makeup brush and Lego got stuck in one of the Motors and will cost €700 to fix. I was wondering is it possible to claim the cost of replacing the broken motor against my Home insurance.

Regards, Footfall.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi ,

My Percolation unit broke down because a Makeup brush and Lego got stuck in one of the Motors and will cost €700 to fix. I was wondering is it possible to claim the cost of replacing the broken motor against my Home insurance.

Regards, Footfall.

Very possible depending on the terms and conditions of your home insurance policy.

Could be it considered accidental damage?
    Does your policy include the percolation unit?

Best to contact them and initiate a claim. If they refuse sure your in the same position and you’ll have to cough up yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You'll have to ring and ask them- there isn't really any point in random speculation here- it depends entirely on the terms and conditions of your policy.

Advertisement