Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point a noob in the right direction??

Options
  • 22-01-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Lads can somebody help me get something straight in my head please?
    If a bike is below 395cc (example. BMW g310r) is it still classed as A2 to drive on the LP, but because its below the 395cc its not suitable to do the test on, so a bigger bike would need to be borrowed/rented for the test?

As i have ye, I'm 34 and have up to category A on my LP. I did my IBT recently and my IBT cert is only marked for A1. The instructor kept us on the A1 bikes for the two days. Does this mean that I will have to go back and do it again if I want to drive bigger bikes because if so, that will be a major dose? I've loved bikes all my life and am finally in a position where I can try and get started (jesus, it's expensive business!) so all this red tape is a wee bit confusing! Thanks for any help offered lads

Comments

Advertisement