Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Gigabox Router or Digiweb's Fritz Box

Options
  • 22-01-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Howdy!

Looks like Siro were outside the house today installing the fibre cable into the ESB cabinets.

Will be looking at switching to Siro pretty soon, and I'm undecided whether to stay with Vodafone, or switch to Digiweb.

Parents have Siro with Digiweb and I configured the Fritz Box for them and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

Anyone got experience with the Vodafone Gigabox? I have an old Fritz Box currently with Vodafone vDSL (as I hate the original VF router) and I find the VPN/Parental Controls/Dynamic DNS etc on the Fritz Box great.

Your thoughts would be great :-)

Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Howdy!

Looks like Siro were outside the house today installing the fibre cable into the ESB cabinets.

Will be looking at switching to Siro pretty soon, and I'm undecided whether to stay with Vodafone, or switch to Digiweb.

Parents have Siro with Digiweb and I configured the Fritz Box for them and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

Anyone got experience with the Vodafone Gigabox? I have an old Fritz Box currently with Vodafone vDSL (as I hate the original VF router) and I find the VPN/Parental Controls/Dynamic DNS etc on the Fritz Box great.

Your thoughts would be great :-)

Patrick
    I have the vodafone Gigabox and to be honest I would like an alternative.
    I have an unwanted call waiting service which voda say cannot be removed. While my daughter has the previous box with no problem.
    Another poster on the voda boards page cannot get caller ID (which I have).
    Vodafones answer in both cases was get a new handset !!!.
    Which did not work in either case.
    It is clearly a box problem in both cases .
    But, from what I can gather while other boxes can be configured for broadband , the telephone side is a different matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    I have the vodafone Gigabox and to be honest I would like an alternative.
    I have an unwanted call waiting service which voda say cannot be removed. While my daughter has the previous box with no problem.
    Another poster on the voda boards page cannot get caller ID (which I have).
    Vodafones answer in both cases was get a new handset !!!.
    Which did not work in either case.
    It is clearly a box problem in both cases .
    But, from what I can gather while other boxes can be configured for broadband , the telephone side is a different matter.

Yes. You'll lose the phone service if you replace the Gigabox router.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

it's not so much, that the phone service wouldn't work with other boxes.

The problem is, that Vodafone won't give you the credentials / configuration to set up another box for their VoIP service.

/M

Advertisement