Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Rental - Playa Blanca, Lanza

Options
  • 22-01-2019 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Heading with the family over Easter and have licence from herself for a couple of spins. Anyone have any recent experience of bike rental there? I found a couple of threads from years ago so hoping to get current information and recommendations. Will bring own shoes and pedals.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

EC1000 wrote: »
    Heading with the family over Easter and have licence from herself for a couple of spins. Anyone have any recent experience of bike rental there? I found a couple of threads from years ago so hoping to get current information and recommendations. Will bring own shoes and pedals.

Thanks!

http://roysbikeshoplanzarote.com/bikes-prices/

I didn't use this place as I took my own bike, but saw where it is - right by the harbour and close to an Irish bar if you need GAA etc.
    Just note that Playa Blanca is at the southern end of the island so any spin will have a (usually strong) headwind from the start.
    Some good roads though, and a few good climbs.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

http://roysbikeshoplanzarote.com/bikes-prices/

I didn't use this place as I took my own bike, but saw where it is - right by the harbour and close to an Irish bar if you need GAA etc.
    Just note that Playa Blanca is at the southern end of the island so any spin will have a (usually strong) headwind from the start.
    Some good roads though, and a few good climbs.

Enjoy

I’ve used Roy’s a few times and he’s top man. Send him a message on Facebook. Don’t forget to try that climb out of playa Blanca to femes.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

+1 for Roy's bike shop. We rented 2 road bikes from Roy for a few days. Great Dolan bikes, well maintained and serviced. Roy provides a really friendly service and there are good recommended routes on his website. I had no helmet or pedals with me but Roy was able to provide these, together with a Garmin mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Thanks all, I'll make contact with them now.

Advertisement