Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnetic lashes

Options
  • 22-01-2019 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Did anyone ever buy magnetic lashes? I'm half embarrassed to say I did. I'd seen ads for them on my Insta feed but ignored them as being a bit scammy. But then I saw them in Sam McCauleys so I bought a pair of the natural look ones.
    And I've been totally defeated in my efforts to put them on. They seem much flimsier than falsies and try as I might they just won't work for me. I've watched YouTube videos galore but no joy.
    So, has anyone bought them and managed to make them work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I have them, never been able to get them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

kcdiom wrote: »
    I have them, never been able to get them on.

Yeah, I think I fell victim to the hype. Very annoyed with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Forgive me for asking a stupid question. I'm a man. Saw the question on the 'front door' and curiosity got the better of me. But how would people expect magnetic lashes to work? Would that imply they think eye lids are magnetic themselves? Or do you put some magnetic cream on them or so?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Welcome to the Beauty forum!

They come in two pieces, a top strip and a bottom strip. You place the top strip on your eyelid, along the lash line. The second strip goes under your lashes. What's meant to happen is they connect magnetically and stay in place. They seem to be tricky to use though! Normally you would just have a top strip and you glue it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Recliner wrote: »
    Yeah, I think I fell victim to the hype. Very annoyed with myself.

Me too - and I struggle to put lashes on anyway so I thought this would be a nice easy solution. NO CHANCE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

kcdiom wrote: »
    Me too - and I struggle to put lashes on anyway so I thought this would be a nice easy solution. NO CHANCE!!

That's exactly what I thought. Feel like a right dope TBH. Still haven't dumped them, I'm keeping them as a reminder that if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've read that if you cut the top strip into 3 pieces, each with its own magnet, they're easier to apply. Might be worth a go if you think they're going to go in the bin anyway?

Advertisement