Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus CT200h

Options
  • 22-01-2019 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking at bringing in one of these from the UK in the coming weeks,as the selection here is limited and full of high mileage models.

Looking to spend around 12 to 12.5k sterling.

Question I have, is it worth getting the 2013 pre face-lift model in say F Sport or Premier model then a 2015 model with similar mileage 50k to 60kish?

The Premier face-lift model is out of my budget unfortunately.
    Only difference I can see in the more expensive models is electric seats and premium navigation?

I know the ride comfort is better in the face lift model, and an updated sterling wheel.

Below are some of the options I'm looking at.

Pre face-lift model
    Facelift Advance model
    High mileage option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I assume you’ve driven the CT and are happy with the boot space etc? Have you driven the ones with bigger wheels and are happy with ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I assume you’ve driven the CT and are happy with the boot space etc? Have you driven the ones with bigger wheels and are happy with ride?

I have seen the boot in person and it's fine, I never use the boot anyway.

I've yet to drive it one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Drive one, if your on country roads with poor surface then they are quite hard on the bigger wheels, small wheels leads to a slightly more supple ride.

I think the F Sport would be a harder suspension.

The most comfortable seats would actually be the ones in the Advance in my experience.
    The leather look really well but can wear quickly and excessively.
    Depends if your into comfort or style I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d also advise you to drive one before choosing one with bigger wheels.

It's not all negative. My sister has one with the bigger wheels. She did 33000km last year on Mayo roads. No complaints but others may not like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

We have one - advance version and the ride is hard but I find it ok similar to my civic. They are very nice to drive

We have one - advance version and the ride is hard but I find it ok similar to my civic. They are very nice to drive

Looking to drive one the weekend, I'm sure it's comparable to cars I've drove previously in regards to ride quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Drive one, its quite a unique feel. I'm looking at an is300h

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Car magazine give this car 1 star out of 5. Definitely try before you buy.

Car magazine give this car 1 star out of 5. Definitely try before you buy.

To be fair most of the Journalist/Magazine reviewers are very harsh. The owners reviews are very favorable in general.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle imo

• Advertisement

Anyone know as to why the advance model is the most expensive for vrt.

If I put in the same information just change the model its cheaper, for example the FSport is 1k and the advance is 1,4k.

The luxury model is 1.3k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

kermitpwee wrote: »
    To be fair most of the Journalist/Magazine reviewers are very harsh. The owners reviews are very favorable in general.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle imo

Whatever about what these guys write, they are a really reliable car. My OH has it now for two weeks and really likes it but the car has been in the family since new and has never given any hassle except servicing

Yes they are very reliable

Advertisement