Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swing Change

Options
  • 21-01-2019 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

After a few lesson, my pro has altered my grip and swing path. How long should I expect for this to become "normal" and most importantly consistent?

I'm playing 1-2 times per week and 1 range session mid week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

After a few lesson, my pro has altered my grip and swing path. How long should I expect for this to become "normal" and most importantly consistent?

I'm playing 1-2 times per week and 1 range session mid week

If you're confident in what your pro showed you, keep at it and I will tell you that you will want to give up and go back to your old ways but it will click and become natural to you in time.I had lessons from our pro and it was so alien to me that I asked him "was he sure" about my changes.his reply was "it will get worse before it gets better .I slipped out my full shot allotment during the change then all of a sudden it clicked and got 2 shots off my handicap with consistent good play..Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

If you make any changes, I wouldn't expect it to bed in for about 1000 shots +.

I'd like to say more, but might put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

After falling into a rut of really poor form I'm determined to stick with it. Going to take myself out of comps for a few weeks to ease the frustration and allow time for it to bed in

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

I think you can get use to a grip change with a few sessions in the range.

Swing path will take longer as its a lot harder to 'feel', stick at it and will become natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

frink wrote: »
    I think you can get use to a grip change with a few sessions in the range.

For grip, maybe just stick a club beside the bed, or near the sofa & everyday pick it up & just hold the club with the new grip for a while. Will soon start to feel normal

• Advertisement
Advertisement