Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steampod

Options
  • 21-01-2019 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at ordering a steampod. Any ideas on the best price?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I got one a few years ago in Peter Marks with 20% off deal which they seem to do regularly. I think it worked out at €180 at the time and it included the hair cream to be used with it.

Its a great tool and gets hair looking really sleek compared to a straightener especially if the hair is coarse or curly but long term it did cause damage in my hair so now I just keep it for special occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

lubie76 wrote: »
    I got one a few years ago in Peter Marks with 20% off deal which they seem to do regularly. I think it worked out at €180 at the time and it included the hair cream to be used with it.

Its a great tool and gets hair looking really sleek compared to a straightener especially if the hair is coarse or curly but long term it did cause damage in my hair so now I just keep it for special occasions.
    It’s €185 at the mo in peter marks. No codes on look fantastic seem to work for me with it so it is €179 on that!

I am torn between getting a 12 week blow dry or steam pod?
    I have very thick hair and limited time as have 2 small kids ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I have the steam pod for about 4 years now and I absoultely love it
    No regrets

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I LOVE my steampod, have it about 5 years and would not be without it. Its absolutely worth the money.

Now, in my opinion, the 12 week blowdry is a whole other beast. It depends what you are expecting from it. I get the 16 week blowdry done, and it has cut down on how often I wash my hair (because of using less products in it), drying time is quicker, overall frizz level is reduced and my hair is in better condition. I still straighten my hair with my steampod, just less frequently than I used to.

I have used this in the past https://www.beautyflash.co.uk/p5756/color-wow-dream-coat.html and it also helped with frizz and drying/styling time.

My hair is also very thick, and I dont have small kids but am generally not interested in faffing with my hair more than I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

kcdiom wrote: »

Now, in my opinion, the 12 week blowdry is a whole other beast. It depends what you are expecting from it. I get the 16 week blowdry done, and it has cut down on how often I wash my hair (because of using less products in it), drying time is quicker, overall frizz level is reduced and my hair is in better condition. I still straighten my hair with my steampod, just less frequently than I used to.

Hey where do you get the 16week blowdry ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Ok I bit the bullet and bought the steampod. Best price I could find was €179 from look fantastic with a free serum or cream. I went with €185 in peter marks as I thought if there was a problem etc etc it would be handier just to go into them.
    Anyway when I went to pay they basically said they have nothing to do with it and I have to contact rowenta! I didn’t argue with them but I am sure they are incorrect as my receipt is with them!!

I have used it once.....didn’t blow dry hair ended up letting it dry naturally. It took around 10-15 minutes to do my whole head. My hair feels and looks so smooth and soft......totally different to ghds.
    Looks as smooth as a professional blow dry.

I didn’t use steampod creams. I found it a bit confusing with the arrows but I reckon I will get the hang of it!!
    One big flaw is the water chamber. It doesn’t click closed so I put the plastic tape back on it!

How do people store them when not in use?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

foodaholic wrote: »
    Hey where do you get the 16week blowdry ?

Hot House Hair in Clondalkin Village, they do the QOD treatment and I think its €130 including a bottle of shampoo & conditioner for home care. Its great - I had a different one elsewhere previously and my hair was like chalk and not being able to wash it for 2 days was a complete chore, but this one left my hair like silk with no issues around not being able to wash it for a couple of days!

Advertisement