Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude AH thread closure.

Options
  • 21-01-2019 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭

I posted a thread in afterhours about the biggest news story of the weekend, the most tweeted event and somthing entirely in the public interest, I was initially discussing it in the politics forum but as it's not really a political topic the mod said it was off topic and should not be discussed anymore. This is a news topic perfect for AH so I put it there. Nixon not messaged ended that thread with a really rude post tellin me to discuss it in politics???? Can it be opened in AH please, if not why can this massive news story not be talked about? I am not accusing yous of censorship but I am sure you can appreciate it look a bit dodgy to be told to only talk about a non political topic in the politics forum where it's not ok to talk about it? To be fair loads of trending news stories like this are covered in AH, it's not even close to being controversial for there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Help desk as this is about a specific issue.

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

dudara wrote: »
    Moving to the Help desk as this is about a specific issue.

dudara

Thank you, apologies for putting it in the wrong place.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I was initially discussing it in the politics forum but as it's not really a political topic the mod said it was off topic and should not be discussed anymore.

I think you may have misunderstood what was said in Politics. It was off-topic for the thread it was being discussed on, not off-topic for the entire forum. You (or anyone else) is free to start a separate thread on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement