Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paving Slabs for under shed

Options
  • 21-01-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up some unused/unwanted paving slabs that I can use for the subfloor for a new shed that's being installed in the next couple of weeks. I don't want to go to the garden centres or anywhere charging me a fortune for approx. 20 flagstones as they'll only be used as support under the shed.

Anyone with these lying around that they want rid of or any ideas for cheap paving slabs? I'm in Dublin but can travel (preferable if these are available in Dublin so I don't need to get a trailer and haul them long distance!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it just a timber shed? If so a few blocks underneath should work 6 or 8, you'd probably pick these up for free from somewhere like Roadstone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kramyerac

Yeah, a timber shed though its 14 x 10 (ft) so I'm concerned that I may not have enough. I have about 8 already but would like another 10 (the worrier in me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

As above, use blocks. You need air to circulate under a wooden shed or it'll rot in no time, paving slabs are too low. You'll buy 4" blocks for ~80c.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kramyerac

Thanks a mil. I see the blocks and can get them no problem but I don't want the shed to sit too high! Have (stupidly perhaps) dug the floor out about 5-6" and put in a subfloor of gravel/hardcore to support the slabs so going deeper is not an option!. The 4" blocks may have the shed sitting too high over the surface of the garden.

The joys of diy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nice one OP bought 200!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

there's a cheaper version on aliexpress

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭peteym

I've about 8 2foot x 2 foot concrete slabs if you're interested?

Advertisement