Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timber floor

Options
  • 21-01-2019 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Im currently designing a small community centre which contains a function room that will double as a sports hall. iI have shown a concrete 100mm screed floor with 150mm insulation but want upgrade this to a timber floor.Any thoughts on what is the most convenient method of installing a timber floor? eg do i need t batten it out first?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

You'd want to be wicked careful if it is a timber sports hall floor. I'd doubt your usual batten and floor board would cut it here. You might be better off using one of the proprietary systems such as this one http://www.dynamiksportsfloors.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Dynamik-Academy.pdf

at least that way you know what is going down is designed specifically for it's intended use.

Last thing you want is someone getting hurt in a game and then blaming the floor because it was not appropriately specified for playing sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,091 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm assumeimg there's a concrete slab below the insulation and screed. Is the sports hall heated?
    What sports are played in it?
    Needs to be a sprung timber floor.

Advertisement