Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easy (Online) Master degree

Options
  • 20-01-2019 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,

Do any of you guys know an easy to achieve Master degree without investing too much time, preferable in IT that could be done along the way?
    It does not need to be with an university in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'll take two please! and one in business while youre at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

University of American Samoa?

79479.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

There's no shortcuts. If you find a masters that is "easy" and which you can get "without investing too much time", it won't be worth a damn to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm doing a masters at the moment that was marketed as part time. It's a huge amount of work. To be honest, If I knew then what I know now, I'd do certifications instead of a masters. Shorter, practical applications, and ultimately very attractive to employers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 QQBy

The only reason I asked was to boost the LinkedIn profile a little bit. I am not really interested in learning outdated topics for exams.
    I agree certifications are a great way to make yourself more attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I think the easiest masters degree is a topic you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

If masters degrees were that easy, everyone would have them, in return lowering the attractiveness of them for employers.

Easiest masters for a person is as obvious as it sounds, but to do something your familiar with and have practical experience in doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ..board..

Have a look at Open University. It might suit your circumstances, there are no sit down exams and all tutorials are on line.

At the end of each section the student carrys out an assessment and submits it online. You still need to commit time to study the material but it's flexible to fit with your own schedule.

Also its modular, so loads of scope to change what masters you are going for or to stop studying and still have a cert or diploma in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

QQBy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Do any of you guys know an easy to achieve Master degree without investing too much time, preferable in IT that could be done along the way?
    It does not need to be with an university in Ireland.

You could do something like this:

China and Taiwan offer free masters degrees to foreigners. They also offer grants for accommodation, etc.

The standard of education over there is pretty low, and basically everyone passes (assuming you're willing to give gifts), so in theory it'd be one of the easier masters.

https://www.cucas.edu.cn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

..board.. wrote: »
    Have a look at Open University. It might suit your circumstances, there are no sit down exams and all tutorials are on line.

Both of these aren't accurate board. There are sit down exams for the OU depending on the module but the exam centre tends to be close to home - Dublin, Belfast, Limerick. Also tutorials again can be face to face depending on the module. There are also residential schools too in some courses which will involve several days abroad (but which are brilliant!)

Edit - and for the OP they are anything but easy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

EDX.org is where you will find free courses that you can audit and then pay for certification should you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ..board..

SeaFields wrote: »
    Both of these aren't accurate board. There are sit down exams for the OU depending on the module but the exam centre tends to be close to home - Dublin, Belfast, Limerick. Also tutorials again can be face to face depending on the module. There are also residential schools too in some courses which will involve several days abroad (but which are brilliant!)

Edit - and for the OP they are anything but easy

I'm just finishing my masters with OU. None of the modules I completed had any sitdown exams or face to face lectures.
    All my tutorials were online, that were recorded and could be listened to at any time.
    Assessments were all submitted online.

It still wasn't easy, but students can manage their own study times.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Laois_Man wrote: »
    There's no shortcuts. If you find a masters that is "easy" and which you can get "without investing too much time", it won't be worth a damn to you!

Dr Ian Paisley's one worked out just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

..board.. wrote: »
    I'm just finishing my masters with OU. None of the modules I completed had any sitdown exams or face to face lectures.
    All my tutorials were online, that were recorded and could be listened to at any time.
    Assessments were all submitted online.

It still wasn't easy, but students can manage their own study times.

As am I. I've had three exams over the last few years all in compulsory modules so no way to avoid. I've also had residential schools. Again compulsory. As I said, depends on the course.

Best of luck in finishing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If you go to trinners for 4 years you can get an automatic easy masters. They charge you 500 squid for it tho :(

Advertisement