Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training recovery spinning out

Options
  • 18-01-2019 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I do this on a Monday after the club Sunday spin and all that went before it during the week. Jury is still open for me as how to much benefit there is to be got from it.

Jump on the Turbo elite muin in the lowest gear and do 30 mins at 100RPM which usually also works out at about 100Watts and heart rate is about 110BPM

30 minutes is pulled out of the air. I'm looking to spend the minimum amount of time which will likely give a good benefit. Gut feeling is that 5 minutes isn't worth much where as 90 minutes would give very little extra benefit over 30 min. Before and after stages in stage races I try and do about 20 min at the above numbers.

Anyone have an educated guess as to what that minimum should be ?

Anyone have definite opinions from personal experience as to how beneficial a spin out day is compared to a do nothing day ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Sometimes I do this on a Monday after the club Sunday spin and all that went before it during the week. Jury is still open for me as how to much benefit there is to be got from it.

Jump on the Turbo elite muin in the lowest gear and do 30 mins at 100RPM which usually also works out at about 100Watts and heart rate is about 110BPM

30 minutes is pulled out of the air. I'm looking to spend the minimum amount of time which will likely give a good benefit. Gut feeling is that 5 minutes isn't worth much where as 90 minutes would give very little extra benefit over 30 min. Before and after stages in stage races I try and do about 20 min at the above numbers.

Anyone have an educated guess as to what that minimum should be ?

Anyone have definite opinions from personal experience as to how beneficial a spin out day is compared to a do nothing day ?

some old coaching methods advise on a spin even for twenty minutes to move the legs. I do and in that hour or so, I do a 3 minute overgeared balls out effort. I feel it helps me.

Advertisement