Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House book transciption help please.

Options
  • 18-01-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Please I need help to transcribe a house book record here http://census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/vob/IRE_CENSUS_1821-51_007250632_00861.pdf

so far I have got:

Houses in the townland of Brierfield

Thomas Healy/Whaley? £5.00
    House add for attic?
    Barn ____
    ___ Stable and Cowhouse
    Exempt Land ___ Committing? of build __ pa____ offer/office
    The situation of the house may be considered the same on that __ ____
    last and ___ ___ known? many? they? __ here?
    of ____
    Land? deducted from the whole settle? at 1/3 off

Coffey was the Valuator(third last line)

It mentions something about land what do you think it means? The land was occupied by healys in 1833 (48 acres) and I have another record stating the last lease given in the townland was in 1830 and healy is still occuping the land in 1845 and has the lease(from 1830) but in the griffiths valuation dated 1845 another man thomas davis was in the townland as owner and sole occupier.The prior landlord in 1845 was John Cruise.Would there be a record of this land transfer and what happened to the tenants?could the new landlord break the lease or did it run out?

So maybe they couldnt pay for a new lease? in 1845? I am a bit reluctant to believe this as our family wasnt that poor around those times we also had a similar house with the same dimensions valued 4 pounds at this time ,there are storys we even had subtenant or two one time(probably long before 1845 though) we also had 48 acres in 1845.We were catholic farmers but this was around famine times and maybe bad luck the lease ran out in 1845?
    In 1852 we have the right to vote as we have 12 pounds of property valuation but there is no healy from brierfield mentioned in this voting record even though there house is worth 5 pounds and they had good land so Im guessing they had left/evicted.

I have been able to find a healy who is descendant of these and her healy went to america roughly around 1860 she believes.I havent been able to pinpoint the relation so its either 3rd once removed or fourth cousin once removed.

The reason this information is important because there was a story passed down that three healy brothers were split land between them and I think this family is the key to solving that mystery.Our house was built in 1759. we came around the mid to early 1700s to the area.

I have a this healy line with passed down knowledge/graves to a healy in born 1690-1770.

The extra information may not be relevant but I cant make out what the record mentions about land .Thanks to anyone who took time to look at it. :)
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement