Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EDT lessons/driving test

Options
  • 17-01-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of pickle in regards to gaining my full driving license. I've kind of left it last minute to sort everything out. I'm moving to Canada in August and want to get my full driving license before I head over. I've had my provisional license since September 2017.

I'm looking for recommendations on top-class driving instructors within Dublin and which test center I would be best doing my driving test at.

In relation to the 12 EDT lessons, I'd also require a rental car for my actual driving test and I'd also like to avail of a pre-test course too. So if anyone could give me an estimate on how much it would all cost that'd be great too.

I'm getting stressed now as I'm leaving in around 31 weeks and the 12 EDT lessons take 24 weeks to complete, add in the long wait list if I failed my test - I'm basically f*cked and would've wasted so much money on learning to drive.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You could do an intensive driving course? You would get all 12 EDT's done in 3 or 4 days that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jndb

Posy wrote: »
    You could do an intensive driving course? You would get all 12 EDT's done in 3 or 4 days that way.

Never heard of these types of courses. I'll look into them. Cheers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

There is one based in Maynooth so it wouldn't be too far for you if you're in Dublin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Have you any experience already?
    Do you have a car or access to a car to practice in?
    I think it’s bad advice to try and do 12 EDT lessons in such a short space of time.
    The RSA will accommodate you with an early date based on your circumstances.
    There’s absolutely nothing stopping you applying for your test right now and commencing your EDT lessons.

Advertisement