Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help picking a phone!!!

Options
  • 17-01-2019 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to change phones have a HTC M8 currently and prior to that Samsung's. O have been looking at the Xiamoi models from eglobal but I'm not fully sure what is best for. Battery life is a big thing and main reason I'm looking to change I also think the camera is a bit crap on HTC. I kinky use it for browsing and watching Netflix and other apps not available from play store. Ideally I'd like something 300 or below. Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'm might also join this thread as I have very similar needs to yourself.
    Basically need an android with a good camera, preferably a light phone with good battery life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nokia 7 Plus has ridiculous battery life. I'm regularly at about the 50% mark at the end of the day with about 4ish hours screen on time. Not sure about the camera on it. It looks good to me but I don't take many photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I bought a Nokia 7.1 back a few weeks ago for €280 in Harvey Norman. Have to say that it's a fantastic phone. Absolutely delighted with my purchase. Dual SIM or SIM/mem card options too.

Battery is the best I've seen. I'm getting a full 24 hours on a full charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Huawei Honor 9, easily best phone I have ever had.
    I got this a good while back for 275, but looks to have gone up a bit.
    Not had any bother at all with it, tonnes of storage good camera, micro sd slot.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honor-9-Blue-Unlocked-Mobile/dp/B071KCGJR8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

racso1975 wrote: »
    Sorry only seeing this now, it looks like it, those specs are whopper!
    Lookswise very similar but 128GB

Advertisement