Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One family behind 40 personal injury claims

Options
  • 17-01-2019 4:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Good to know where our premium money is going.

A British family is currently under investigation suspected of involvement in a number of alleged staged crashes in Ireland.
    Several members of the family have brought a total of 40 personal injury claims worth over €1m.
    They have been involved in 15 accidents between 2007 and 2015 in Ireland and the UK. An investigation by Aviva Insurance showed they had been travelling to Ireland every year since 2005 and had been involved in a car crash each time.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/just-one-family-behind-40-personal-injury-claims-worth-over-1m-37720550.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Feets

It is annoying. My friend had a claim on him...not his fault....but the people dealing with the case said they allow a certain amount of claimsto go through as it was not worth fighting...in this case they were travellers. His premium doubled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

But when you have what appears to be "fraud tourism" where people come to make claims because our system is so generous then there must be something wrong with that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dash cam, dash cam, dash cam......

Best investment anyone will ever make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

But when you have what appears to be "fraud tourism" where people come to make claims because our system is so generous then there must be something wrong with that system.

They should knock the last zero off claims, 15k becomes e1500 n no one bothers anymore.
    I read before that some rental companies in dublin airport wouldn't rent to either Romanians or Lithuanians any more as there were so many hiring a car and having crashes.
    The jokes on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Feets wrote: »
    It is annoying. My friend had a claim on him...not his fault....but the people dealing with the case said they allow a certain amount of claimsto go through as it was not worth fighting...in this case they were travellers. His premium doubled.
    In most cases involving multiple claims they're travellers

• Advertisement

Dash cam, dash cam, dash cam......

Best investment anyone will ever make.
    Any recommendations for a decent but inexpensive one?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Insure your no claims bonus. It's not that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

This country is being held to ransom by travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

But but it’s their culture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

In fairness, if you rear end a caravan you're not paying attention!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Pkiernan wrote: »
    In fairness, if you rear end a caravan you're not paying attention!

Even if that caravan is going backwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

I think I hear the sound of the high horse brigade arriving over the hill.. any minute now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Homer wrote: »
    I think I hear the sound of the high horse brigade arriving over the hill.. any minute now :P

Not unless its a sulkie..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Nextbase seems to get a good review, I've had a few. Had a ddpai M6 but it only lasted about a year but it was dead handy having the WiFi link with your phone.

Funnily enough it saved me big time with a crash 4 cash.

Nextbase seems to get a good review, I've had a few. Had a ddpai M6 but it only lasted about a year but it was dead handy having the WiFi link with your phone.

Funnily enough it saved me big time with a crash 4 cash.
    Thank you

Advertisement