Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esta Visa

Options
  • 17-01-2019 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an Esta visa which expires in Late April. I use it to travel to Boston last year some time flying from Shannon. We are heading to Florida in Feb flying from London this time. We will be flying to London from Shannon for the weekend so maybe that helps. I was wondering if I need to update the visa in some way or apply again as we will be in a different state and flying from another location.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

no you don't . It's valid for 2 years unless you change your name or get a new passport.

It's not a visa - it's a visa waiver - permission to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,378 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's not a visa - it's a visa waiver - permission to travel.

Pedantic correction: it's permission to present yourself at a point of entry to the US.

And if that happens to be a pre-clearance facility in Dublin or Shannon airport, you can be denied permission to travel.

Advertisement