Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting permissions in the north.

Options
  • 17-01-2019 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

What do the land owners need to give a chap in order to have shooting permission to the degree that satisfies PSNI visitor permits.
    Acres, Name Address, etc etc. Signature? Personal phone number?
    Do they have the folio numbers or do you use postal codes?

Have a ball of permission in the north so I want to get up there are have a bash..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Wait until March 30th this year if I were you...Then see...I reckon we are going to be in for abit of a shock here in the shooting community in relation to shooting in NI and getting To and From it.Not to mind ammo prices, availability, as well as whether insurance policies provided by our orgs and clubs will be valid if provided
    from outside the EU?:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

https://www.psni.police.uk/globalassets/advice--information/firearms/documents/form-30-38---application-for-a-visitor-s-permit-to-enable-possession-of-a-firearm-and-ammunition-in-northern-ireland-by-persons-other-than-gb-.pdf

Have a sponsor in the North for this form ,
    put your permission details into , Where will the firearms be used section.
    16 sterling and have them send it off
    along with a photo copy off all the pages of your EU cert

probably less than 6 weeks to process, I take mine out for the full year , just make sure your dates apply to your firearms licence, if your licence is up on say 29 aug then don't apply for the NI firearms past that date .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

In relation to the linked form, I don't see how secure storage would apply to day trippers.
    Might it be a mandatory requirement to have such storage arrangements to satisfy the PSNI even thought they would never actually be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Secure storage applies to everyone, in mine and your circumstance's its to do with traveling to and from NI and while in NI on a daily basis.

something like this for that section.

Mr xxxxxxxxx will be traveling to Northern Ireland on a daily basis, while traveling to and from NI and when his firearm(s) are not in used ( it, they) will be secured to an anchorage point in the boot of his vehicle.

or

contained in a securely fixed and locked box within the boot of his vehicle.

Advertisement