Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06-07 corolla 1.4 hatch

Options
  • 16-01-2019 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Would a 06-07 corolla 1.4 hatch still be a good buy, or would something else from that era make more sense. Probably get a 1.4 ceed or i30 from the same era for less money or a newer one for similar. But would they be as good a buy as a corolla. Open to suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That generation of Corolla is a great car mechanically, and a Luna,Strata or pretty much any of the UK specs make a nice car out of them.
    Yes a Ceed or i30 will be more powerful and cheaper to tax and safer, but the Corolla takes the miles better and parts are cheaper.

You wouldn’t go far wrong with any of those 3 choices, but an 06 Corolla is 13 years old now and insurers mightn’t like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That generation of Corolla is a great car mechanically, and a Luna,Strata or pretty much any of the UK specs make a nice car out of them.
    Yes a Ceed or i30 will be more powerful and cheaper to tax and safer, but the Corolla takes the miles better and parts are cheaper.

You wouldn’t go far wrong with any of those 3 choices, but an 06 Corolla is 13 years old now and insurers mightn’t like that.

Thanks. Yeah subject to insurance.

gooner99 wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah subject to insurance.

Any other suggestions for cars from that era even up to 13/14 that are petrol, reliable and smaller engine size. I want to add a young named driver. Preferably mid sized hatch, but supermini would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What's your budget? I thought that as you were asking about an 06 Corolla that you were limited to a certain budget but as you are now mention 13/14 cars it appears not so if you let us know the budget then it might be easier to come up with suitable cars.

What's your budget? I thought that as you were asking about an 06 Corolla that you were limited to a certain budget but as you are now mention 13/14 cars it appears not so if you let us know the budget then it might be easier to come up with suitable cars.

Sorry. Should have been clearer. It will depend on whether I can get insurance with my young son as a named driver on the older car. Preference would be for something older, but insurance may mean I have to go newer. In either case probably looking at mid size with an engine size up to 1.4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement