Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed, still waiting

Options
  • 15-01-2019 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Went sale agreed on a house in the 1st week of December, booking deposit paid same day and site survey done the next week.

6 weeks later our solicitor is still waiting on the title and contracts from the sellers solicitor.

Does this seem like a long time to be waiting for this? I know there was the xmas break in the middle.

Our solicitor says there is nothing they can do until they get it (understandably).

What kind of time frame should I realistically be looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Could be any time frame really, you never know what the vendors are up to. The important thing to do now is keep looking. The sale may still fall through for a myriad of reasons. Took us about six months, others a few weeks some beyond a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

We were nearly 6 weeks waiting on the contract for the same reason. Only got it there just before Christmas.

Keep chasing! It can be hard to put an exact time frame on these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Friends sold last year - sale agreed with buyers in June and the sale didn't close until mid October - very stressful for all concerned. As others have said there can be delays for all kinds of reasons. Can you ask the EA to contact the seller and find out what the delay is? They probably know the situation from both sides so maybe worth another call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

The sellers may have been late requesting the title deeds from the bank, that can take a while.

As others have said, keep looking at other properties in case it goes belly up.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Went sale agreed on a house in the 1st week of December, booking deposit paid same day and site survey done the next week.

6 weeks later our solicitor is still waiting on the title and contracts from the sellers solicitor.

Does this seem like a long time to be waiting for this? I know there was the xmas break in the middle.

Our solicitor says there is nothing they can do until they get it (understandably).

What kind of time frame should I realistically be looking at?

Your solicitor should be chasing the vendors solicitor for an update and getting to the bottom of the delay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement