Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone missing a moped around the north quays/ifsc?

Options
  • 15-01-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

Just saw two young "gentlemen" running with one. Have a photo if required.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Send the photo to Stolen Bikes Ireland on facebook in case it shows up as stolen there. Or post it here and I'll mail it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Would it not be a good idea to report it the the authorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Would it not be a good idea to report it the the authorities!

Jebus, how old are you...its camera first then social media and then MAYBE report it....tut...:rolleyes:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Even on the "Stolen Bikes Ireland" page on Facebook I'm shocked at the amount of bikes being posted where they haven't even reported it to the Gardai. It's like its an alien concept to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jebus, how old are you...its camera first then social media and then MAYBE report it....tut...:rolleyes:

:P

If you've ever had a bike stolen, you'll realise why facebook is a priority over the gardai. Although, yes, I'd still report it to the gardai obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Will do. Was in car with a client so limited scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Fair play OP

Those saying report it, AGS couldn’t catch cooties at Millhouse’s birthday party.

Zoomed in. Looks like 152 reg.

17% of Dublin Gardai are allowed to pursue a vehicle. So hopefully they'll get one of them on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Will do. Was in car with a client so limited scope.

Looks like a Yamaha xmax to me

• Advertisement

Its a 2015 Honda PCX 150

I've PM'd it to Stolen Bikes Ireland via Facebook just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

They look like they're walking, not running, in the picture you posted. Why are you sure it's stolen?

They look like they're walking, not running, in the picture you posted. Why are you sure it's stolen?

I bet you're living somewhere in Longford or Leitrim?. :P :pac:

They were running at first. I couldn't get a photo then. I actually tho8ght they were trying to get it started (push start) but they kept running- and had no helmets....
    Then when they sensed they were "out of danger" they began to walk. I tried to get a photo of their faces but the car I was in was going too fast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

D3V!L wrote:
    Its a 2015 Honda PCX 150

You're right! It was a guess from the picture :)

Cienciano wrote: »
    If you've ever had a bike stolen, you'll realise why facebook is a priority over the gardai. Although, yes, I'd still report it to the gardai obviously

I don't do ar$eface, I'm too old :o......I'd be relying on "mates " to keep an eye out..then pay them a visit with Mr.Hurley....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I don't do ar$eface, I'm too old :o......I'd be relying on "mates " to keep an eye out..then pay them a visit with Mr.Hurley....:)

Mr. Waterboard is also handy at keeping offenders from repeating! :D

blade1 wrote: »
    Mr. Waterboard is also handy at keeping offenders from repeating! :D

You're nasty.......:D

The building they are walking along has excellent cameras and if we actually had a good to even poor police force it wouldn't take them long to find their faces on them.

To much getting away with this.

• Advertisement

Because they're in tracksuits silly.......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Because they're in tracksuits silly.......:P

ATGATT

blade1 wrote: »
    ATGATT

Perfect robbin clobber.....blends in with the rest of the city....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Get Real

The building they are walking along has excellent cameras and if we actually had a good to even poor police force it wouldn't take them long to find their faces on them.

To much getting away with this.

If you've a face on CCTV doesn't guarantee they'll be caught. Alot seem to think CCTV solves it there and then.

People/businesses who own these cameras, are (unnecessarily) aftraid of GDPR, and won't give footage over to the guards, or will deliberately delete it to avoid getting involved.

They'll only want to deal with CCTV where it
    concerns their own property and sod everyone else who happens to need it.

Get Real wrote: »
    If you've a face on CCTV doesn't guarantee they'll be caught. Alot seem to think CCTV solves it there and then.

People/businesses who own these cameras, are (unnecessarily) aftraid of GDPR, and won't give footage over to the guards, or will deliberately delete it to avoid getting involved.

They'll only want to deal with CCTV where it
    concerns their own property and sod everyone else who happens to need it.

That's not true, if the cops request it correctly there is no issue.

These buildings are owned by huge corporations so no need to worry.

CCTV there is amazing believe me.

They will most likely be known if they have robbed it.

I work right there myself and have seen the sh!ts out my office window size up bikes on a regular basis. As far as I know that PCX was parked at the entrance to the CHQ bulding along with some other bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

D3V!L wrote: »
    I work right there myself and have seen the sh!ts out my office window size up bikes on a regular basis. As far as I know that PCX was parked at the entrance to the CHQ bulding along with some other bikes.

Easier to take for them ? Others likely to be bikes with immobilizers?

GBX wrote: »
    Easier to take for them ? Others likely to be bikes with immobilizers?

Id say so. There are some higher value machines with immobilizers right there and with questionable security. No use to your average joy rider though.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Id say so. There are some higher value machines with immobilizers right there and with questionable security. No use to your average joy rider though.

If they can't be started the bike will be burned out or focked into Spencer Dock. The little pricks don't give a bollox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement