Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altea - has anyone been?!

Options
  • 14-01-2019 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

We are going on a holiday to Altea in August for a wedding but I know *nothing* about the place and am finding it hard to get info!!
    Can anyone tell me anything about it? Even better could anyone recommend accommodation? There will be 4 adults, a 3 year old and an almost 2 year old.
    Any info at all would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

been there a few years back....beautiful place, we stayed in a small B&B so I don't really know about hotels and that, but if you are after bright lights...booze...all night clubs, forget it ! this place is really for quiet holidays, Benidorm is just down the road if you want "night life", the old town is really an "old town", cafe culture and narrow streets abound, with two smallie's you can't go wrong, the B&B owners we stayed with had a daughter who done babysitting for us for some pocket money ! I'll try and dig out some info, but 11 years on it may be out of date...but it is a nice town with people who are not out to fleece you.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Have been there 5 times, love the place.
    Even though it is about 10km from Benidorm it is a world away.
    The old town has lovely restaurants and small bars.
    Check it out on trip advisor, feel free to PM any questions
    We stay at the Villa Gadea, a car is advisable and there are plenty of rental options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Beautiful spot. Train station in town. Walk to Albir and bus back. Old town just behind seafront. Some great supermarkets if staying in apartment.

We got bus from Alicante airport to Benidorm bus station and then small train from there. There was only two of us travelling though. Lots of apartment rentals online.

Hope to head back next October.

Advertisement