Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scene in Suoerman Dawn of Justice

Options
  • 13-01-2019 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

First of i actually Affleck was good Batman same as Cavill was a good Superman but with absolute piss poor writing of the films it turnes ****e.

Anyway can anyone explain this scene to me

(Apologies as i forgot how to embed youtube videos in my post, appreciate someone telling me how again)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M10iKpORvKA

I read a comic epsiode on my phone before where superman went **** stir crazy because the joker killed lois. Was this scene supposed to tie in with what woukd of happened of JL and theae filma were a success because i cant think of any reason.

Or is it just a dementes bruce that has seen superman deatroy his people in man of steel that he's having twisted thoughts against superman which impale to his dreams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

In my opinion it was only put there for the trailer. So the trailer could show some scenes out of context and think "Holy cr*p. What was that?"

Basically it's a trailer version of clickbait...... Trailerbait if you will (Like the scene in the Rogue One trailer where the heroine faces down a tie-fighter or in Spiderman Homecoming with Spiderman and Ironman swinging/flying side-by-side)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

As for YouTube embed, use the Advanced Editor (if you click Edit and Go Advanced you'll have it), and paste the bit after v= into the YouTube option in the toolbar. Or use YouTube tags.

[YouTube.]M10iKpORvKA[/YouTube.] (without the full stops)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So, my understanding is that it's basically a vision Batman has of the events of Injustice, or the aftermath of it at least.

Barry showing up at the end is presumably supposed to be a hint of the time-line changing that the Flash is responsible for on quite a few occasions.

It was kinda shoe-horned in there, but it's a nice nod that in a way, Bruce's fears about Superman are legitimate.

When Superman snaps after the death of Lois Lane, he firmly blames Batman for it and takes over the world. It's a great selection of comics to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

I think it's an insight into what might have happened, if Superman went rogue after they brought him back in the justice league movie. The flash going back in time to warn Bruce about it saying Lois is the key and "being too soon" explains it for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,072 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, it was a dream sequence, where Bruce had a ludicrously detailed vision of what the world would be like under Superman. At which point Bruce 'woke', saw The Flash speaking to him through a portal (yabbering on about Louis Lane), only to wake again. It was a dream-within-a-dream.

Lordy it was such a stupid scene. Presumably Synder thought it'd be cool to have a 'Injustice' styled scene of a Superman Dystopia and rammed it into the script, logic or common sense be damned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a dream sequence, where Bruce had a ludicrously detailed vision of what the world would be like under Superman. At which point Bruce 'woke', saw The Flash speaking to him through a portal (yabbering on about Louis Lane), only to wake again. It was a dream-within-a-dream.

Lordy it was such a stupid scene. Presumably Synder thought it'd be cool to have a 'Injustice' styled scene of a Superman Dystopia and rammed it into the script, logic or common sense be damned.

I think the flash piece was real (or not a dream) from the line "we're too soon" (presumably shouting back to the team organizing the time travel).
    In any case the scene was not well explained, and only made sense (for me) after seeing the justice league resurrection thing, but still probably not necessary.

Advertisement