Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velvet Buzzsaw (Dan Gilroy)

Options
  • 13-01-2019 9:28pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The Nightcrawler team (Gilrow, Russo, Gyllenhaal) are back together.

Out on (gulp) Netflix on February 1st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just discovered Rene Russo is Mrs. Dan Gilroy :o

Is this getting a cinema release or just Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Trailer looks decent but after reading fairly bad reviews of it I'm thinking I might not watch it after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭El Duda

Awful film.

Complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

I liked it. Kind of falls between two stools trying to decide whether it's being a psychodrama or a satire, and lots of people will hate it, but I found it enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I thought this was pretty bad. It wasn't funny enough to be a comedy, not scary enough to be a horror, and the production quality at times was of a Sky tv production. The trailer gives away pretty much all the deaths so there was no surprises to be had there.

I'm awful disappointed with this as the follow up from the director of Nightcrawler.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I'm awful disappointed with this as the follow up from the director of Nightcrawler.:mad:
    Roman J. Israel, Esq. (2017) followed Nightcrawler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Roman J. Israel, Esq. (2017) followed Nightcrawler.

Whoopsie. That's a 52% on RT, the man may have Richard Kelly'd it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Aye very boring alright, Gilroy's movies are getting worse since Nightcrawler.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Caught this tonight and thought it was pretty good, albeit quite different from Nightcrawler. It reminded me of The Neon Demon in terms of tone but there was more going on under the hood here - some great jokes about the modern art world and the kind of unbearable arseholes that populate much of it.

The
    haunted/vengeful painting
    aspect is played in a quite tongue in cheek way, but I thought the film settled into its two moods within about half an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I enjoyed it for what it was, trash, and I mean that in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I thought this was pretty good too. Not up there with Nightcrawler but an enjoyable watch.

Advertisement