Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospitalised

Options
  • 13-01-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If its several years ago you are only hurting yourself by dwelling on it. Call him out on it or not but you need to move on.

Many people have hospital phobias, it's not necessarily personal. And hay making is very time sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

A couple of years ago??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

am I being over sensitive and precious?

Definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sorry op but there’s nothing worse than when someone brings irrelevant stuff from years ago into an argument to use as ammunition. Yes you were out of order to suddenly bring it up to bolster your argument. You should have brought it up years ago if it bothered you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Only reason I post now is I had a major disagreement with him yesterday and called him out on it.

Lol. You need to get over yourself and let it go. When my brother was taken to hospital with a punctured lung after a football match, I brought him some clothes and once I found out he was alright i started taking the p!ss out of him, telling him how soft he was and how bad he looked. It's what brothers do, rip on each other. Jaysus sensitive much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I was in hospital for three weeks. My mam and dad came in every day, my sister came in at least twice a week, my younger brother flew home from Barcelona to see me once, my older brother didn't make it in at all.

I would never hold it against him, he has a wife a kid a job, his own life. I was potentially on death's door or paralysed for about two days but once it was clear I would survive relativey unmaimed, what did it matter? I'd only see him if I call over to his house in the normal course of things anyway so why would that change?

That's the way I look on it anyway...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I was in hospital for a week. He lives 30min away. He came to the hospital to collect my car from the hospital car park when I was admitted and while I was on a trolley and very ill all he seemed to do was laugh at how bad I looked. He never visited me over the next week, rang a few times.

He collected your car for you, came to see you in A&E and rang you a few times over the week. I was in hospital last year and one of my brothers didn't even text me - and I don't care, I'm not the centre of the universe. My sister didn't come see me as she's afraid of hospitals - again, not a big deal. You are being just a bit more than ridiculous to hold a grudge over this.

You're annoyed at him *for years* because he did everything bar come see you in the ward. If you were in hospital for months lingering at death's door and he didn't come see you then it would be a different story.

I don't doubt you were very ill but OP, you were able to drive yourself to hospital and then you were discharged after a week. The world does not come to a halt for that.

I'd say you owe your brother an apology for that argument - bringing up something silly like this after years during a row is a sign you did it as a last resort and were running out of things to throw at him. Not hard to guess who was in the right.
    Am I being over sensitive and precious?

Yes. And then some.

There's a lot more to it but make sweeping judgements about an argument yesterday you know nothing about.

Shouldn't have posted here there's too much to say without disclosing identity.

Yeah drove to hospital and collapsed getting out of the care and stretchered in.

Not a sweeping judgement, just deductive logic. This is not something to hold a grudge over. You brought it up during a row. Bringing something ridiculous and ancient like this into a row strongly suggests you found yourself in a corner somehow - and now you're posting about it here because you're not even sure you were right to be angry about it and bring it up.

True, I don't know what you disagreed over and I don't care. It's not relevant or you would have included it in your post. It's only an aside, but still I would say your brother is owed an apology because the person who has been genuinely aggrieved in an argument is usually not the one to bring up irrelevant stuff from years back.

There's no use getting your knickers in a twist at me just because you asked for people's opinions online and didn't get the answer you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭skallywag

I would not be put out myself at all by this, though I do certainly know some people who would be, those who I guess are just naturally more sensitive to such things. So I can see where you are coming from, to some extent

That said, I think that you have let yourself down badly by bringing this up now, after all of this time. I'm not being judgmental in saying this, nor do I believe are the majority of the other people who replied to you on this thread.

When you ask for someone's opinion you are always running the risk of hearing something which you don't like.

Thread locked as OP has deleted their posts.

Thanks & GRMA all who posted.

I hope you took something from this thread anyway, OP, and that you patch things up with your brother soon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement